Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Binford Grill Master 2000

I've been wanting to get a new grill. I didn't necessarily want to replace my existing grill. I wanted to add another grill to my arsenal. I have, or should say had, a pretty nice propane grill and wanted to also have a charcoal grill. Well, last night, as I was using my propane grill I realized that some of the essential parts were badly worn out. No problem, I thought, I'll just rebuild this one and I can still get a charcoal grill.
Sure, it looks fine on the outside, that's why I thought I'd just replace the worn parts and keep it. However, it seems that this particular model has been obsolete for quite a while and all the parts that I needed are out of stock and will never be manufactured again. To make matters worse, the "universal" parts just aren't universal enough to work on this grill. So, I decide to go grill shopping. My dilemma, however, was whether to get another propane grill or, at long last, the charcoal grill I had been wanting for so long.
Enter the Binford Grill Master 2000:


Well, that's not it's real name. That's just what I call it. If you remember Tim "The Tooltime" Taylor from the sitcom "Home Improvement", he was always souping up something that was a Binford something or other 2000. And this baby is a Tim Taylor worthy grill. As you can tell, it is a propane grill. What isn't necessarily as obvious, however, is the fact that it is also a charcoal grill and smoker. Yes, that's right, the best of both worlds in one easy to use unit. Oh boy, this summer's going to be the best ever. Tomorrow night it is going to be dry rub marinated chicken breasts hickory smoked and cooked over Kingsford premium charcaol. And no charcoal lighter fluid smell on my food either. I got a charcoal chimney starter too. Can't wait to taste those birds. Mmmm Mmmm.

3 comments:

  1. What time is dinner??? Sounds heavenly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you strapping it to the top of the Mini and bringing it to Chicago this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ARGH,ARGH,ARGH,ARGH (mimic of Tim the toolman Taylor’s call.) I was going to say what Lindsay said - but since she already did - I guess I will just say, Congratulations!
    Andrew had just mentioned something to me about Ryan and he talking about getting a charcoal grill for you as a gift - looks like you beat them to the punch (though to be fair I don't know that you would have got something that nice from us. :) - a grill truly worthy of the Garage-Mahal!)

    ReplyDelete